<$BlogRSDURL$>







Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Cheesy Potatoes 

One of the post-docs in my lab made this for our recent bbq party. It's DEEEELICIOUS!

This recipe makes a nice size 9x13 pan.

1- 16oz or so bag of Shredded frozen hash brown potatos (I have used the refrig.ones too)
3/4 of a stick of melted butter
1- cup or so of Sour Cream (I add more if it looks too dry depends on how muchpotatos used)
1- can of Cream of Chicken soup
2- cups or so of any kind of mixed cheeses- must have cheddar. (I usually get the mexican blend without the spices added to the cheese).
Durkee French Fried Onions
cooking spray (pam)

Thaw hash browns by running under hot water or just let them sit out for a bit, but make sure they are not soggy wet. I usually just thaw on counter for awhile and if some are still frozen who cares. This is why I have used therefrigerated kind before but they are way more expensive. (Bob Evans Brand or Simply Potato) and you do not get as much, smaller bags.

Next mix Sour Cream, Soup, melted butter together then add it to potatos.

Then add and mix in the cheese.I spray the pan with PAM .......put potatos in pan and cover with foil. Bake for 35-40 min. in a 350 degree oven. When buzzer says they are done uncover the pan DO NOT STIR, top the potatos with Durkee French Fried Onions. I sprinkle them on top as much as you like. Bake an additional 8-10 min. till golden brown!

YUMMMMM!!!!!!!! Enjoy.

|