<$BlogRSDURL$>







Monday, October 11, 2004

Egg Yolk Sponge 


I found something to do with the yolks left over from the Strawberry friands I made yesterday.

What you'll need:
4 egg yolks (I used 5 as that's what I had left)
2 tbsps boiling water
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup self-raising flour
2 tbsps milk
Dash of vanilla essence

Method:
Beat the egg yolks with the boiling water until light and fluffy.

Add the caster sugar and beat again until thick and creamy. Fold in the flour, milk and vanilla.

Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 20 minutes in a greased 8"/23cm cake tin.

Cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.

Once completely cool, split if desired and fill. I used fresh whipped cream and chopped strawberries in the middle, put the top back on, then topped it with whipped cream, jelly and more strawberries.

Sponge 2

My first made-from-scratch sponge cake :*)

|