Monday, November 01, 2004
- 1 bottle or can (12 oz.) beer -- the lighter/cheaper the better ... Coors Light, Rolling Rock, Bud Light are good choices. If you normally drink heavier beer, try Killians Irish Red as an alternative here. And yes, the alcohol cooks off.
- 2 C. Bisquick or Jiffy Baking Mix
- 1 pt. blueberries, washed
- oil or cooking spray
- Add ~ 2 T. oil to large skillet or griddle (or spray with cooking spray). Heat pan over medium high heat until it "sizzles" when you sprinkle a few drops of water on it.
- Mix 2 C. baking mix with beer. This is "to taste"... NO, DON'T *actually* TASTE IT...I mean, depending on how thick or thin you like your pancake batter. Everyone does it differently, so use your own judgement. I've used almost a whole bottle to 2 C. mix, and it works great.
- Pour pancake batter onto hot pan into desired size pancakes.*
- Add blueberries to pancakes -- I like to make smiley faces with mine... :-)
- Cook first side of pancake til the outside edge starts to turn "matte" (i.e. not shiny) and the bubbles that come to the surface of the uncooked side all pop. If you peek at the underside it will be golden brown.
- Flip the pancake!
- Cook second side til golden brown and the whole pancake sort of "puffs up" a little.
- Butter your beautiful** blueberry beer batter pancakes (say that 3 times fast!) and enjoy with or without syrup!
* Generally, the first pancake is always the cruddiest... so if you are trying to make them look good, make one pancake (to soak up the extra oil on the skillet) and eat it yourself. :-)
** Okay, so this is just for alliteration... these don't always look so beautiful, because blueberry pancakes tend to be messy, but they always taste delicious!
about this siteThis is a site for recipes. And pictures of those recipes.
And helpful cooking tips. And for how to make the perfect margarita.
And anything else food and drink related you can think of.
If you wish to be a contributer, please click below and email me!
the evil chefs
- Main Course
- Side Dishes
- Soup and Salad
- Healthy Selections
- Party Time!
- Everything else