<$BlogRSDURL$>







Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Strawberry friands 

I thought I'd better add the recipe, considering I posted the pic on my blog!

You'll need:
175g butter, melted
100g icing sugar (I'd run out, so used raw sugar, powdered with my kitchen whiz thingy)
100g ground almonds
75g plain flour
5 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
Extra chopped strawberries for garnishing

Method:
Preheat oven to 200°C, grease friand moulds or muffin cups. (You can see from the pic, that I used some of each.)

Put icing sugar, ground almonds and flour in a mixing bowl. Blend well with a wooden spoon. Add egg whites and vanilla and mix lightly.

Pour in melted butter. Mix until well-blended. (I stuffed this bit up and added the melted butter before the egg whites and vanilla - I don't think it made a difference - they were still delicious!)

Stir in strawberries and spoon mixture into moulds, up to 2/3 full. Scatter more pieces of strawberry over the top for decoration.

Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before removing from moulds to a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar if desired. (I didn't.)


|