<$BlogRSDURL$>







Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Extreme Margaritas 

Hello everyone! This is my first contribution to Evil Recipes, so I figured I'd open with a toast and get y'all schnockered, as a way for us to all get to know each other in a friendly sorta way.

Credit where due, my brother was the first to make these for me. They seemed a bit strong at first sip, but once I got used to them...

The joy of these is that the recipe can fit whatever container you want to make with them, since it's a ratio. 1 glass, 1 pitcher, or 1 bathtub, it's all good.

Extreme Margaritas

1 part triple sec
2 parts Nellie & Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice
3 parts tequila
Sugar, simple syrup, or Splenda to taste*
Ice

Notes

I use Quervo Gold for the tequila (save the Patron for sipping), and Montezuma triple sec, but I don't think the triple sec matters that much.

Nellie and Joes now comes in a Mango-Lime flavor, too.

*You may need to drink several glasses while you make them in order to twink the recipe's sweetness to your own most discerning standards of excellence. But always make sure your sweetener is fully dissolved before you add the ice.

The drink base is strong enough that if you want frozen margaritas, they will blend up just fine without seeming watery.

I usually mix these up in a gallon sized pitcher, using the 12 oz. bottle of Nellie & Joes as the guide. It fills the pitcher about halfway, so then I fill it the rest of the way with ice, shake it to quick-chill, and serve immediately.

If you have leftovers, they keep in the fridge for weeks - all that acid and booze, it won't spoil. I've never had a batch stay around long enough to go bad, but that's not saying much, other than I'm kinda Irish like that.

|