<$BlogRSDURL$>







Saturday, October 15, 2005

Fried Catfish 

Holy shit, this was delicious! I bought some catfish nuggets from Publix on sale this week, and then thought...I've never made catfish! what am I doing with nuggets????

well, FRYING them, of course!

I followed the EASY EASY recipe I found at allrecipes.com for the breading.

  • 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 6 (6 ounce) fillets farm-raised catfish (but I used nuggets...ummm...I forget how much. a pound? it ended up being 15 pieces)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Vegetable oil



COMBINE first 5 ingredients in a large shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt; dredge in cornmeal mixture, coating evenly.
the breading



POUR oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches into a deep cast-iron skillet; heat to 350 degrees. Fry fish, in batches, 5 to 6 minutes or until golden; drain on paper towels.

mmmm...fried fish!

catfish nuggets done!

after draining, serve with a good Louisiana Hot Sauce (like Crystal, or this time I used Trappey's Bill) and a side of cole slaw. mmmmmmmmmmmm....SO GODDAMN GOOD YOU'LL LICK YOUR PLATE!

|